Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Letter

Cody,

I am writing this letter to the man that owns the house next door to the utility pole that you hit. I want him to know what I think of him. I also want him to know about you.

I don't know your name although it wouldn't be hard to find out what it is again. All I have to do is call up the insurance company again to find out. You who didn't waste one minute to put in a claim into Cody's insurance company about a lousy mailbox he hit before hitting that utility pole that ended his beautiful life.

I am haunted about visions of that fateful night. Visions that never leave me no matter how hard I try and put those thoughts out of my mind. He was not quite 25 years old when his life ended. He left behind a wonderful older sister that thought the world of him. I younger brother that looked up to him and adored him no matter how much they fought sometimes about stupid stuff. A mother that loved him more then life itself and now has to live with the knowledge that he will no longer ever come home again.

Let me tell you about my son, Cody, the one whom you were so quick to trash the pictures that were placed there and the crosses and the angel placed by his sister. The one whom you gave no regard to. Whom you felt it necessary and that you felt had so little meaning that you threw everything placed there by family and friends into a trash can.

Cody loved life and loved living it to the fullest. He was ready to help anyone that needed it if he could in any way help them. He loved his family with all his heart no matter what and stood up for each and every one of them. He didn't hold grudges against anyone and was always ready with even the shirt off his back if it would have been needed. He loved to laugh and to make other people laugh and was always happy. He never complained about petty things or about how life had mistreated him. He was a computer whiz and loved nothing better then to help anyone with a computer problem and fix it for them. He wanted to get a degree in Computer Science and was working towards that. He loved animals and they all had an affinity for him and loved him in return. He was sensitive and caring and never went out of his way to ever hurt anyone's feelings. He loved his friends and always loved spending time with them. He loved to tease and bring a smile to your face. If you needed a shoulder to cry on or someone to listen to you he was always there for that. He loved to laugh and to make others happy and sometimes went to far out of his way to do that.

This is the person you treated like dirt and regarded so little that you took things that did not belong to you and decided that you could just throw it all away like trash. I pity you because you seem to have so little disregard for another human being that I am sure when you leave this world there won't be many there to be sorry to see you gone from here. Anyone with as little regard as you have is indeed in need of pity because you cannot really be a part of the human race. Most people have compassion for others and the misfortunes they endure or the sadness of what they go through but you don't or you wouldn't have done what you did and bring more grief onto Cody's family and friends. So yes I pity you.

Yet you were worried about a stupid mailbox. Life means so little to you I take it that it didn't matter that a young man's life ended and he would never grace this earth again. Material things meant way more to you then the life of my son, Cody. How you even were able to get the name of his insurance company so soon after the accident remains a mystery to me. You placed that report to his insurance company on Saturday, the 12th of March. I didn't even have the name or the number myself until Monday the 14th of March.

I was aghast to learn there was already a claim into his insurance company already and for all things a damn mailbox. How totally petty of you to worry about a stupid mailbox when a life was lost. A life that was snuffed out at such a young age. He would never see his son or be a part of his life. Never hold him, talk to him, give him a kiss or tell him he loved him. But, yet you were worried about a stupid mailbox.

I guess a mailbox is more important then a life. A human life is worth what $30.00 dollars to you? That is the worth of a person? You must not have children or maybe your own children are only worth that to you. If you do have children then I guess it wouldn't matter to you either if something so earth shattering was to happen to them. If your life was so devastated and turned upside down over something like this. If your child was never ever to come home to you again in this lifetime.

You have no heart and no conscience it really amazes me. On Memorial Day two of his friends left a cross there at the place where his life ended to remember him by. For his birthday his sister, Brandy flew out there to pay her respects at the place where he left us. Leesa spent countless hours crafting and making the cross that they all placed there on his birthday on July 10th. Storm, his little brother put his feelings for the first time out there for anyone to see when he wrote to Cody. The pictures that were attached to the pole were for others to remember Cody by and to honor the brother and friend they lost.

Yet you in your infinite wisdom took it upon yourself to less then a month later walk over to that pole and rip down the pictures that were placed there. To remove the crosses that were set to remember him and to let others know that someone had a horrible accident there. To hopefully let others know that maybe they shouldn't do what he did.

You claimed that you had left it all there for 4 months. Yet my son, Cody, was not even gone yet for 4 months when those items were placed there. You took the angel his sister placed there to watch over him, the crosses, the pictures and you took it upon yourself to destroy everything.

Who the hell are you? What type of person are you? Who the hell raised you? I hope you do not call yourself a compassionate person or even a christian, because you are so far from it. You don't own that property, you don't own that pole, you own nothing there and had no right to remove anything. No one saw it there driving by. The only way to see it was to walk by there. You had no right for what you did to me his mother, his sister, or his friends. You are a horrible human being and cannot even be termed as human in any way.

Too bad I don't live anywhere close to where you live so I could actually confront you in person and tell you what I honestly think of you. Maybe someday God will grant me the chance to actually meet you and ask you why you have no heart.

Cody I am so sorry there are people in the world like this person. But we both already knew there were just that we really never had to meet them too often in our lives. I love you so much and if there was anything I could do I would. I miss you so much and wish you were here for me to talk to. Thank you for coming to see me in my dreams now and then.

I love you!! and I miss you - Sleep well my son - mom

No comments:

Post a Comment