Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1st

I got some bad news again last night Cody, your Aunt Teri passed away sometime yesterday late a.m. or early noon. We really don't know too much about it yet. Omi called me last night and told me. She is really upset about it. Teri would have been 53 on the 5th of this month. We still don't know what happened to her or why she passed away.

Omi is going to go down and bring Luna and the puppies here to stay with me while she goes down there. I wanted to go but Storm cannot miss anymore school and no one other then us can get close to China as you know. So I really can't go down there for the service. Not sure when they will be yet either and knowing Omi she will end up staying a week or so down there when she goes. It is never a quick trip for her when she goes down there.

Omi came and got all the logs today, most of them anyway. The rest she can take in her car the next time she comes in it. She brought this gas grill down here today too in case of another power failure here so we can cook. I told her to keep it she lives on the mountain and would be more likely to not have power then we would. But you know Omi.

I watch your DVD tons of times a day. I just seem to be addicted to watching it. Just can't seem to stop.... I bet I have watched it like 500 times or more by now.

Rachel's mom talked to me yesterday - started out about how happy she was to see I had gotten some help to remove the trees. I was like, yes it was. It was a wonderful bunch of kids from a church that helped me out, if not for them don't know what I would have done. So true that comment too. Sure wasn't the neighbors.

Anyway we got to talking about you and I told her all that happened after the accident. She said Rachel talks about you now and then. As you know we sure didn't have, don't have very friendly neighbors here.

Good example is when Omi came today. Steve was outside, Ann's ex husband, Rachel's brother was sitting on their front steps. Omi and I were loading up all the wood into the trailer that Josh and his friends had so graciously cut up for us to give to Omi from the trees. I told Omi it's funny how there are able bodied men outside watching 2 older ladies loading up all this heavy wood. And she of course commented back and I said yep one sitting over across the street watching us. And one walking around next door outside. I am not sure if Steve heard us or not but he came over shortly after that, after we had gotten a good amount of it already loaded and then helped us finish loading most of the rest of it.

Michelle and Fanny called tonight to check up on Storm and I. Offered us some help to try and get things fixed around here or whatever we need. It was great to just have someone offer something other then have to try and find it ourself somewhere. I still can't get over all the kids the past few days, they were just so awesome. If not for them we would still be out there looking at the trees and the devastation from the tornado's and the storms from Wednesday. Too bad their church is so far away I am sure Storm would go there if he could. He has always liked church. Any church is good even if it is not SDA. Never really got much from going to the SDA church anyway. You remember all the times I tried to start going again? Just always seemed not to work out with those churches.

Well I think I am still pretty worn out from this whole last week and going to try and get some sleep. I love you very much Cody, and I just can never tell you enough how much I miss you and how I do miss you more each day than the day before. Sleep well my son - mom

No comments:

Post a Comment