Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The "Kitty Toilet Trainer"

One of the last times I talked to Cody I told him that I was buying a toilet trainer for our 2 cats. He just started cracking up and I could hear him telling people in the room with him about it.  He was like mom that isn't going to work. I said well I saw them using it on a show on Animal Planet and they were training some 7 year old cat to use it so it should work for our cats. They aren't that old.

Well he passed away before I ever received it in the mail. When it arrived that Monday morning after his passing I just thought to myself wow, I am never going to be able to tell him about this. When my younger son came home from school that afternoon we removed the kitty box from the bathroom and put the trainer on the toilet seat. Then we retrieved both the cats and showed them where their new litter box was.. On the toilet seat. Well a little while later Oreo the younger of the two, who is not quite a year old used it no problem.

The first thing that popped into my head was I wanted to call Cody to tell him it was working.. But, I couldn't.. Not anymore..

He would have loved it.. Would have made me stand there by the bathroom waiting for them to use it again and take a picture to send it to him!  Well Oreo has no problem but our oldest cat Nut/Dinky he gets called both names, seems adverse to using it.. I keep telling him I guess I have to put him on a diet so he can get his fat butt up there.

I do sure miss telling you all this Cody I know you would have loved it and gotten a real kick out of it.. I still can't believe you are gone it's been a week and it still isn't sinking in for me.. I still so want to wake up from this horrible nightmare I am in..

1 comment:

  1. Mom,
    He would have loved and thought that it was the coolest thing ever!! And yeah he really would have made you take a picture so he could see for himself!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete